Skirtech - Terms & Conditions
Please scroll through this screen to read our Conditions of Sale before placing your order.
1. These Conditions of Sale are for all customers.
2. Goods are subject to availability
3. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel or refuse orders for items shown on our website with an incorrect price or with any other incorrect information. No contract is made with you until we have dispatched your order.
Prices and Payment
4. Our advertised prices do include VAT & we reserve the right to not match a competitors price.
5. We accept payment by the following methods:
Credit cards & debit cards accepted through our chosen payment processors.
Cash can be paid but only when the item is collected in person by prior arrangement.
6. Items are normally dispatched in 3 or 4 working days where possible, dependent upon the level of service selected & once all monies due have been received & cleared.4200mm lengths will be delivered in 5 to 7 working days. For example if an order is placed on Monday, normal despatch would be a Wednesday for Thursday delivery. Any orders placed on Friday after 6pm, Saturday or Sunday are classed as a Monday order.
7. We reserve the right to cancel any order from areas which are uneconomic to deliver too.
8. Shipping in mainland UK will be via Nightfreight. We aim to provide a fair service & give customer choice so if you have any queries with regards P&P or would like to combine multiple purchases please contact us & we will be happy to help minimise P&P costs.
9. Unfortunately a specific delivery time cannot be stated for any order and deliveries take place from 8am in the morning through to 6pm at night, Monday to Friday inclusive for courier and Nightfreight deliveries. Time specific deliveries are not available and Saturday deliveries can be arranged at a cost of £20 and are on an order by order basis so please contact us if you require further information.
10. Please note a signature will be required for a courier delivery and the majority of deliveries therefore you should be available to take receipt of your item for any delivery attempt. Delivery is to front door only and where the delivery is to flats the delivery will only be to the building, not the flat door your own arrangements will have to be made to transport via lift or stairs. A signature is required and we strongly advise that contractors are not engaged until delivery has been made, we are not responsible for costs incurred for contractors when delivery has not arrived.
11. Only 3 free delivery attempts are made by a courier any further attempts are charged at £15
12. If your item is delivered by a courier and you miss the first delivery delivery attempt your item will automatically go on hold and will only be held by the courier for 4 days. It is your responsibility to contact the courier using the information provide after your purchase to arrange delivery or collection of the item during this period. Failure to have the item delivered or to collect the item during this time will result in the delivery company returning the item to sender at an additional £15 charge which is payable by you. If you want a returned item resending this will incur another delivery charge which is also payable by you.
13. To avoid any unnecessary charges please make sure you are available to take delivery of your item at the delivery address which you specified when placing the order. You may specify a neighbour to take in your item but a signature will still be required or you can arrange to collect your item from the courier or Nightfreight depot.
14. When placing an order please note you must be willing to travel to a courier or Nightfreight depot if you miss the delivery attempts available for that service. Therefore please have access to transport and be willing to travel.
15. Once an item is dispatched to the delivery address specified by you when the order was placed the delivery address cannot be changed for Nightfreight services. If you wish to change the delivery address for an item shipped with a courier this will cost £15 and this is payable by you.
16. While delays and missing items are unusual when they do occur adequate time must be allowed for the delivery company to deliver or find missing items. To allow this to occur 7 working days are given before any replacement can be sent.
17. We reserves the right to replace any of the above services, without notice, for a similar or enhanced service, where we deem it to be more appropriate.
18. International customers should always check the cost of posting to their designated country prior to placing an order. We reserve the right to refuse any international order.
19. We provide a 7 day cooling off period where you may cancel the order at any time. The period of 7 working days begins on the day after the day you receive your goods. Exceptions apply to orders for personalised items and goods made to your order, which cannot be cancelled once you have received email confirmation that your order has been accepted. Please note, apart from our Economy Range, We manufacture to your order so any cancellation must be within 24 hours to prevent the manufacturing process being started.If you wish to cancel and return goods from our Economy Range You must inform us of your wish to cancel in writing either by letter or email within a period of 7 working days. The period of 7 working days begins on the day after the day you receive your goods. You must take reasonable care of the goods and not use them. You should return goods to us in their original packaging, wherever possible, as soon as possible after informing us of your wish to cancel. If you return goods to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them during transit and we recommend that you use a recorded or secure delivery method. If goods are lost or damaged in transit, we may charge you, or not refund to you, amounts that are attributable to the loss or damage.
20. We offer a returns policy for damaged or poor quality products and will happily refund any item returned in the original packaging this does not include incorrectly ordered products such as incorrect height or incorrect moulding; provided it is in fully resaleable condition. Exceptions apply to orders for and goods made to your order. Return address: Skirtech, 5 Causeway Meadows, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4BQ
21. The Buyer must inform us of the return within 14 days of the receipt of the item and then return the item or items to us, at their own expense within 14 days in the same condition and packaging in which the item or items were delivered. If you return goods to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them during transit, if goods are lost or damaged in transit, we may charge you, or not refund to you, amounts that are attributable to the loss or damage.
22. Returns can be made through either of these options:
Returns via Nightfreight – please use a tracked or recorded service so the item can be traced. The item is your responsibility until it has reached us. We recommend that you send the item using a recorded delivery service that insures you for the full value of the item. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
Returns in person – please arrange via email a suitable time for the item to be returned to our base.
23. Please note: We will refund the price of the item to the purchaser or exchange the product once it has been received by us and inspected.
24. In the unlikely event that the item is damaged the buyer must notify us of any damages or defects within 3 days of delivery in writing or via email. This claim will then be investigated and where necessary the item may need inspecting.
25. We will give honest descriptions of sale items & will adequately depict the style, condition & image of the sale item at the time of sale. This is achieved by taking reasonable efforts to inspect the sale item prior to sale. This however does not mean that we offer any kind of warranty or guarantees with regards to the condition or suitability of the item for sale & it is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the sale item is fit for purpose.
26. Please note hand made products design can vary slightly and surface texture and finish can appear differently when compared to an image or photograph. While every effort is made to illustrate a product correctly, on occasion a product's finish can be misinterpreted by buyers as a fault when in fact this is the standard finish quality.
27. We will give a guarantee from the date of purchase for items which in the individual listing are specified as having a guarantee.
28. Any claim must be made in writing & a dated proof of purchase must be supplied.
29. The item may have to be returned for inspection the cost of this will be covered by the person making the claim.
30. If the claim is upheld we will provide a credit note to cover the original cost of the item this does not include any shipping costs that were charged at the time of purchase.
31. If an order value is placed which results in the customer receiving a financial benefit or saving eg. free delivery for the order, or a discount, this is null and void if any part of the order is returned for any reason including damage and as a result the order value falls below the threshold that is required for the saving to apply. In such cases the initial saving will be recouped from any refund amount.
32. We do not keep or store any credit card details, all details are destroyed nor do we share customer details with any third parties